Pages

Friday, April 29, 2016

Random 5 Friday . . .


Here are my randoms for this Friday . . .


1.  I jumped on the "blog train" and "opened" Irish Garden House five years ago. This is the garden house we slept in on our first trip.  The main house and garden house belonged to friends of ours. There was a loft in the garden house where we slept which overlooked Bantry Bay and left to the Atlantic Ocean.  Yes indeed, we fell in love with all things Ireland and it is our favorite place to travel.  I'll be celebrating Ireland and our trips there in the month of May.

2.  I can't get in the mood for gardening when the morning temperatures are in the thirties.
I say enough is enough, it is time for some sun and springtime!

3.  I am watching the National Geographic, The Story of God, hosted by Morgan Freeman. Very interesting . . .

4.  I haven't a clue why I do this dot dot dot thingy . . . I can't seem to stop . . . it drives me crazy sometimes . . . It is different than a comma . . . more of a pause.  Just sayin' . . .
(I had to laugh right out loud, I previewed my post and I had written 'coma' instead of 'comma'. . . oh my, great laugh at self moment!)

5.  Have you ever thought about "friends" . . . friends you see often, friends who are far away, family friends, blog friends . . . wonderful to have friends, isn't it . . . and then there is just being "friendly" too . . .

~
Thank you Nancy for hosting . . . and helping us think random!

~
What is the kindest thing you can do for yourself today?
Send some kindness forward too!

Happy Weekend My Friends
Love, Lynne









11 comments:

A Joyful Cottage said...

Oh, that stone Irish Garden House (sigh). I'm looking forward to your May travel posts. I'm glad you opened your blog. . .it's been fun to follow you. . .really. ;) Hugs, Nancy P.S. Yes, I think of friends and being friendly all the time. It's the spice of life.

Adam said...

National Geographic has taken a much different turn since Rupert Murdoch bought it.

Ida said...

That little cottage is just so darling. I would so love to visit Ireland someday.
Guess what....I do that too!
The National Geo show sounded interesting but I'm not sure I would enjoy it.
I love thinking of my friends.

Gail said...

I do the dot...dot...dot, too. I think of it like taking a breath, a pause, when you still have things to say on the same subject but don't want to end the thought.

This N That said...

Postcard worthy photo..Enjoy your weekend...

Pondside said...

Those Dots, and their cousins, the Dashes are very handy when we try to impart a conversational pause in our text. I use them a lot too!
What a gorgeous place to stay overlooking the water. I'd be yearning to return.

Sarah Huizenga said...

There is something to be said for those of us who have stuck with blogging over the years...perseverance...

Kim said...

Five years!!! Congratulations!! Blogging takes dedication for sure and that is long time to be in the game!

Cheryl @ TFD said...

The blog train has been a fun ride and I'm happy to have met so many blogging friends like you. I've not been blogging as often as I used to, because there is so much going on and I'm just plain slow. :)
I love that little cottage! The views are so beautiful! Ireland is one place that I'd love to visit.
The dot dot dot is something I use quite often, too. They just seem to work well in many places when writing.
Have a nice weekend!

Nancy's Notes said...

What a wonderful stone cottage! I'm must say... I do it too!
Happy Day!
Nancy

Margaret Birding For Pleasure said...

Congratulation for 5 year mark. Lovely cottage image