Pages

Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Ninety Two Pictures . . .

 The family was here this past weekend to celebrate birthdays.
My son Scott was celebrating 51 years and
baby great grand was celebrating her 1st birthday.
Scott took the back seat to the celebrations
but he was just fine with it all,
he even shared the pink and white cake!
 I will keep my words few and let the pictures tell the story.
Lucky you, I am including just ten pictures
instead of the ninety two I took.
I love this animal touch and feel book.
 
Sweet and precious, no doubt about it.
Look how she takes her little pointer finger
and shows me where the chick's eye is. 
Now is that precious or not.

Oakland seems to love her books.

Love the knee up, bow in her hair and holding the book.

And the giant adult fork
I think I best get shopping.
Amazing small muscle control though . . .
(spoken like a granny don't you think) 

first cake and ice cream, just a few bites
 

Thank goodness daughter Suzie still had her  
children's high chair for Oakland to use.
She brought it along for the birthday camera pictures.
 
Sometimes I catch a serious look, I wondering what she is thinking!
Not sure what the open mouth below is all about
but I love this picture.
I think she is showing me her teeth.

 
Happy Birthday Sweet Precious Oakland
We Love You
Great Granny and Great PaPa
~~~~~~~~~
I'll be back soon . . .
Love, Lynne
 

14 comments:

Gail said...

What a beauty!!!

Musings from Kim K. said...

Absolutely precious! I can see why you'd want to take and post ALL 92 pictures!!

TexWisGirl said...

she's just adorable. i can see why you're so taken with her. :)

Nancy's Notes said...

Oh my, she is just precious!!!!

Margaret Birding For Pleasure said...

these shots are priceless and all beautiful

eileeninmd said...

Happy Birthday to Oakland! Lynne, she is just adorable.. I love all the photos, they are so cute..

Enjoy your day!

Karen said...

Darling, darling photos! Love the name Oakland!

Pamela Gordon said...

Aw, Oakland is so sweet. Happy 1st birthday to her. Fun times. :)

barb said...

Very cute. And that first taste of cake...no going back now is there? Thanks for sharing her big day.

Sarah Huizenga said...

So cute, and hard to believe she is a year already.

A Joyful Cottage said...

Precious, indeed. Happy birthday Oakland and Scott!

This N That said...

That's all pretty good for only a year old..She's adorable..They grow so fast..

Liz said...

What an adorable great grandaughter! It sure looks like she enjoyed her birthday celebration! My grandson has that same book, one of his bedtime favorites! I can understand why you took so many pictures!
Liz

Ivy, Phyllis and Me! said...

Good Evening Lynne.... and we would have loved to see all 92 photos of your precious grand daughter... she is adorable.
A little late I know, but Happy 1st birthday to a gorgeous little girl.
Best Wishes as always.
Daphne